Friday, December 25, 2009

Inspired

My fiber artist friend, Barbara Schneider, has just started a daily blog. In 1997 and again in 2007, Barbara created daily visual journals. Just click on Barbara's name to view her new blog.

She has inspired me to challenge myself to blog daily. I am hoping that putting this in writing and out to the universe will help me fulfill this commitment. The only exceptions will be when I am out of town. because I do not own a laptop computer. I beginning this week to give this project a beneficial initiation.

This week I am working on creating a small wall hanging as a class project. It depicts a picture I took of Antelope canyon . This is the same picture I used as inspiration for a post card I created last fall. Below are pictures of my photo and the quilt top of this project. All of the fabric, except the white organza, was painted using Seta Color paints. Tomorrow, I will quilt it. I think the floor should be quilted with ovals that will be free motioned. This is something I will need to practice a little before proceeding. The rest of the quilting can be done very slowly using my walking foot. I have perfected sewing very slowly with my Pfaff, which is almost 30 years old. Sewing slowly with this machine has become a meditation.


No comments: